Images that are usually of very small subjects, in which the size of the subject in the photograph is greater than life size. So enter your close up, reverse ring macro and supermacro to this category.
Dedicated to images featuring a wide-angle composition and/or captured with a wide-angle lens. From reefscape, split shots, wrecks, reef with models or freediver should be submitted to this category.
Category is for photographers showing their versatility in the field. You must have four different variation (4) images for your Portfolio. For example, a combination of wide angle, macro, model and creative images.
Images taken with a compact camera/GoPro (does not include any camera with interchangeable lens and mirrorless cameras). Wide angle adapters, macro diopter or wet lens are allowed in this category.
This is where YOUR creativity takes over. However, it must have relevance to the Ocean. Photoshop or any other editing tool is permitted.
Free Diving (NEW)
Images that features a free diver captured along with marine species or engaged in free diving-action. The photographer can be a scuba diver or a free diver.
The theme for the video is open. However it must be relevant to the ocean and its inhabitants. 70% of the video must be shot, underwater. The duration of the video is 3 min inclusive of credits and heading.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PROCEDURE FOR ENTRY & IMAGES SUBMISSION:
- Read the Rules & Regulations carefully.
- Submit the online Entry Form below.
- Then proceed to make payment.
- Submit your photos according to the submission guidelines below.
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Create a folder with your name.
- Save your Video in .mpg file
- Captions – Each video must include two (2) sentences. 1st sentence should describe the island location, dive site, and species/subject matter. 2nd sentence should be a title and a brief illustration related to the video. All caption to be in word doc and limit to 50 words only.
ie: “Bahamas – Tiger Beach – Tiger Sharks” (Insert Creative Title) – “Dancing with the Sharks” (the explanation should be informative and meaningful) – “Divers gather in a circle on the sandy bottom at 20 metres where a shark handler feeds these impressive sharks, skilfully positioning them to allow underwater photographers to get memorable shots. Lemon sharks, Caribbean reef sharks and nurse sharks usually join the feeding frenzy.”
- Upload your video via Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All file must be minimum of 300mb only. Higher Resolution Video will be required, once selected for the final round.
- Cover image of the video must be submitted along with the video. The cover image must be minimum of 1MB.
- Compress the folder to ZIP file.
- Submit to: Online Submission Form
Closing date to participate 15 December 2020 at 23:59 hours
PARTICIPATING TERMS & CONDITIONS :
IMAGE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Create a folder with your name. Save your images (as per your label example: Macro_Peter_1_shark_Sipadan.jpg)
- All file must be minimum of 1MB. Higher Resolution images will be required, once selected for the final round.
- Captions – Each image must include a title and two (2) sentences. 1st sentence should describe the island location/ dive site, and species/subject matter. 2nd sentence should be a brief illustration that relates to the image. All caption to be save in a word document and limit to 50 words for each image.
(Insert Creative Title) “Curious Batfish”.
(the explanation should be informative and meaningful) –
“The Pinnatus Batfish is commonly referred to as the Dusky Batfish or Red-Faced Batfish in Lembeh Island.
They are usually found in shallow protected coastal waters”.